Friday, February 24, 2006
You Have To Be Aware of THIS!
I just realized that I have OCD!

Ohhhh myyyy gaaaawwd! OMG! OMG! OMG! This is such a blessing! Kidding!

With that simple indefinite article of the English grammar, an, I’ve realized that I have this OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder). Gaaawwd, all this time I was suffering from OCD’s symptoms that are often causing me a substantial sorrow and obstruction when I work, and I was totally clueless about it.

I’ll be willing to completely admit that I have the disorder if ever I become a beautiful housewife like Marcia Cross popularly known as Bree Van De Kamp of the second best show, well, I consider Sex and the City the best show ever, Desperate Housewives. She's got OCD in that Show! ;)

For those people who aren’t aware of what an OC Disorder is, here’s a brief description:

OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) an anxiety disorder. OCD is characterized by uncontrollable intrusive thoughts and actions that can only be alleviated by patterns of rigid and ceremonial behavior. Symptoms frequently cause considerable distress and interference with daily social or work activities. There may be a major preoccupation with the smallest of details in daily life. Obsessive ideas frequently involve contamination, dirt, diseases, germs, real / imagined trauma, or some type of frightening / unpleasant theme. People recognize their obsessive ideas do not make sense but are unable to stop them. These obsessive thoughts frequently lead to compulsive behaviors as the person try to prevent or change some dreaded event. They frequently repeat activities over and over again.

When people realize that they have the disorder, often times they deny and try to ignore it. But when I realized that I too have the disorder, I was so ecstatic. That’s a little bit weird, but I think it’s a good thing although I become so worn out all the time thinking of insignificant things. I believe I’m becoming a perfectionist. Ugh! I think I don’t understand the definition of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.

I feel WEIRD! ;)

 
posted by Hans at 4:26 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Have you considered that you may just be a closet perfectionist? Creative people tend to have a bent for perfectionism. They remember details readily and when in a creative streak, they want what they create to match what's in their mind. Sometimes though, that's just not possible for any number of reasons. The result is indicision as they stay on that thought, not willing to let it go. When working for an organization, many times you will be required to show results despite a lack of time. There will simply be no time or resources to let those creative ideas come to complete fruitition.

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    i guess you have a point there. maybe i'm just mistaking perfectionism with ocd. i better read more details about the disorder before i come up with a conclusion. thanks anyway! <3